camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

greysyntax

Hi All,
Is there a roadmap for extras 2.18.x?

If not is there anything that can be done to assist, I see on Jenkins there is an issue with rat checks on master.

Thanks,
Grey

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
Hello,

The current roadmap right now is as soon as possible.

There are currently two things blocking a 2.18.x release.

The most important is to get the master fixed. Apart for the rat checks there is additional errors with the build.
Please go ahead and clone the repo provide PRs in github.
We love contributions.

The second is more a project internal issue where the status of the Jira and other resources (such as this
mailing list) has not kept up with the move to github. But this is not really a blocker for the release.

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

GreySyntax
Sure, happy to give it ago. Is there any kind of CLA you require contributors to sign?

Thanks,
Grey

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
Not for the camel-extra project as far as I know :-)

// Pontus

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
I've fixed the RAT check error introduced by the camel-firebase component.

Pushing fix for this shortly.

// Ponus

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
There now the rat check is passed the remaining problem is not picked up by the Jenkins build.

The problem is that even though the build passes no actual class files are packaged into the component jars.

So if/when you try to use the resulting artifacts no classes are found. Since this problem occurs only in the master branch and not the 2.16.x branch my guess is that there are some updates to the camel parent pom.xml that camel-extra uses as parent.

However I have not look at it much so please go ahead and dive in :-)

// Pontus

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

greysyntax

Just as an update, I've got it building now and am seeing the same packaging issue I'll diff the parent poms tonight and see if I can spot anything.

I've also had a look at the new method updateFileHeaders() in SmbConsumer and will open a PR for that as well.

Get Outlook for Android

There now the rat check is passed the remaining problem is not picked up by the Jenkins build.

The problem is that even though the build passes no actual class files are packaged into the component jars.

So if/when you try to use the resulting artifacts no classes are found. Since this problem occurs only in the master branch and not the 2.16.x branch my guess is that there are some updates to the camel parent pom.xml that camel-extra uses as parent.

However I have not look at it much so please go ahead and dive in :-)

// Pontus

http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/camel-extras-2-18-roadmap-tp431p436.html
To unsubscribe from camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?, click here.
NAML

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
Great work.

Thanks for your help and support.
// Pontus

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

greysyntax

Just as an update, I've not managed to work out the issue with the bundling. However it does complain about the import.version when using the bundle:bundle goal along with stating the Import and Export Packages aren't used.

I'll try and put some more time into this next week, I'll submit the PR for jcifs once I've managed to build and test the change.

-Grey

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
Hi,

Finally managed to get some time to look closer at this. Seems that the behaviour of maven-bundle-plugin changed with the update to version 3.0.1. So following this[1] commit we need to change packaging from bundle to jar.

I just pushed the changes so lets see what Jenkins thinks about it. Also I'd love some help testing the build in Karaf.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/7ae918f23c269c8ad78fc8e536b53342af569dec

Best regards
Pontus Ullgren

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

Pontus Ullgren
Finally got the karad integration tests to run, well mostly.

Esper and Virtualbox itest on karaf is still failing but I think this is good enough to cut a new release.

If Jenkins builds on master goes well I will start cutting a 2.18.0 and 2.19.0 release tomorrow.

Re: camel-extras 2.18 roadmap?

fabryprog
Good job guys!