[cifs] URI-Parameter eagerMaxPerPoll is not set for SmbConsumer

[cifs] URI-Parameter eagerMaxPerPoll is not set for SmbConsumer

R. Lutter
Hi All,

according to camel file documentation there is a parameter eagerMaxMessagesPerPoll since camel 2.9.3
The evaluation is done in RemoteFileEndpoint.createConsumer and FileEndpoint.createConsumer but not in SmbEndpoint.createConsumer.
First fix could be add the line to SmbEndpoint: consumer.setEagerLimitMaxMessagesPerPoll(isEagerMaxMessagesPerPoll());

Question is why is the SmbEndpoint not a RemoteFileEndpoint like FTPEndpoint?

Regards Robin
we use camel-extras 2.13.1 and waiting for 2.14 release

Re: [cifs] URI-Parameter eagerMaxPerPoll is not set for SmbConsumer

R. Lutter
Update: the isssue is fixed in 2.14.0-SNAPSHOT by Henryk Konsek.

Re: [cifs] URI-Parameter eagerMaxPerPoll is not set for SmbConsumer

Pontus Ullgren

R. Lutter wrote
Question is why is the SmbEndpoint not a RemoteFileEndpoint like FTPEndpoint?
The reason that the SmbEndpoint is not a RemoteFileEndpoint is that the RemoteFile... classes are part of the camel-ftp component so extending these would create a dependency from camel-jcifs to the camel-ftp component and in turn the dependencies it has such as the commons FTP client, jsch and so on.

At the time when we created camel-jcifs this dependency was not desired. I would love to see the generic RemoteFile... classes in the camel-ftp to be moved to camel-core. However I guess this is not going to happen and at retrospective this extra dependency might not be that big a deal.

Re: [cifs] URI-Parameter eagerMaxPerPoll is not set for SmbConsumer

cemmersb
I'll try to get this sorted with the upcoming 2.14.0 release.

- Christoph

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Pontus Ullgren [via camel-extra] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

R. Lutter wrote
Question is why is the SmbEndpoint not a RemoteFileEndpoint like FTPEndpoint?
The reason that the SmbEndpoint is not a RemoteFileEndpoint is that the RemoteFile... classes are part of the camel-ftp component so extending these would create a dependency from camel-jcifs to the camel-ftp component and in turn the dependencies it has such as the commons FTP client, jsch and so on.

At the time when we created camel-jcifs this dependency was not desired. I would love to see the generic RemoteFile... classes in the camel-ftp to be moved to camel-core. However I guess this is not going to happen and at retrospective this extra dependency might not be that big a deal.

http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/cifs-URI-Parameter-eagerMaxPerPoll-is-not-set-for-SmbConsumer-tp364p368.html
To start a new topic under camel-extra, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from camel-extra, click here.
NAML